Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cadillac Rendering


So my dad is a designer at GM. His team at the GM advanced studio in LA was responsible for the new Cadillac open air concept called the Ciel. I had a chance to see it at Meadowbrook mansion recently when it was in Detroit for a media day, and I've been following the blogs and car news sites covering this for a while. Needless to say every detail of this car is engrained in my brain now, so I thought I'd do a little rendering taking some cues from the front end of this car on something with proportions like the CTS (though the wheel base is a lot longer in this rendering than the current CTS). I didn't really take into account certain details, proportions, or what have it. I just wanted to see what the graphic from the headlights would look like.

3 comments:

  1. Your dad is a designer at General Motors? Wow, that is neat! You get to see awesome car designs and new models! Anyway, you have some serious skill in rendering. Your take on the Caddy looks smooth and classy.

    Best,
    Stelle

    ReplyDelete